– For this week, try this activity each day. Give your family members two strips of paper and ask them to write the name of someone they love on one strip of paper and the name of someone who loves them on the other strip of paper. Collect in a bowl and keep in a place that people can see. At the end of the week, take all the strips of paper and read them out loud. Pray for all the names that have been written on the strips of paper.
– Take time to talk about a time when something sad happened to someone you know. How did you respond? Were you able to respond with love and empathy? What did you do or say? What is empathy?
– Discuss how you can show love to others. Maybe make a list of all the ways you can show love or draw a picture of showing love to others.
– Make Valentine’s cards to share with others or send an email or text to someone.
– Gather information and stories about how medical personnel travel to other countries to share their medical skills with others. Doctors without Borders is a good one to check out and there are local groups as well.
– The Hebrew word for law (Torah) means teaching or instruction. It is the name for the Hebrew Scriptures and particularly the first five books of the Bible.