Salem has now completed 14 months of the capital campaign that concluded on December 31, 2021. The capital appeal is providing the opportunity to leave a lasting legacy of love and faith for future generations. The response from members and friends has been very generous.
The original gifts and pledges for the 38-month period of time for the campaign increased slightly to $2,021,900. How are we doing? It is a great pleasure to report the following results as of December 31 ,2019.
• Cash contributions received in 2018 $490,344.00
• Cash contributions and other gifts 2019 $984,793.00
• Total cash contributed and other gifts $1,475,137.00
This represents well over 70% of the total pledges made for this appeal. Included in these numbers is $31,808 that was received from members who did not pledge and other sources including rent, cd interest, and gifts from Thrivent.
Please know that any member may contribute whether they pledged or not and that all receipts received will help lower the amount that needs to be borrowed to complete the renovation.
Please continue to pray for Salem and our future as we work our way through this process. A special thanks for all those who have taken an active role to see this to completion.
Together we are a community of faith striving to make a real difference in people’s lives. Your support and generosity ensures that worship blesses those who gather and that learning and growth happens for people of all ages. Reaching out in compassion and service to others is a tangible expression of God’s love to our neighbors. Thank you for your consideration in support of this effort!
• Build handicap ramp at main entrance in front of building.
• Main entrance Main Entrance under existing canopy, and Pre-School Entrance, are closed off to allow for the new canopy and addition to be built.
• The existing classrooms in the lower level, on north end of building, are to be closed off to allow for the remodeling into new office wing.
• The lower level restrooms will be abandoned to convert into new accessible restrooms.
• Exterior updates and commencement of HVAC updates
• New Canopy and Main Entrance at Lower Level is Completed and Opened.
• New Office Wing is Open.
• Fellowship Hall is closed off for Renovations.
• Kitchen Updates are made.
• Pre-School and Restrooms are Closed off for Renovations.
• Sanctuary is closed off for Renovations.
• Second Floor Classrooms on North end of building are closed off for Renovations.
• Second Floor Lounge is closed off for Renovations.
• Exterior updates and HVAC updates
Salem Lutheran Church affiliated with the E.L.C.A. Salem is a vibrant welcoming Lutheran community that, through the grace of Jesus Christ, is connected within by love and reaching out in hope to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with one another, the community and the world.
© 2018 Salem Lutheran Church